Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Transfer to OSU, Uchtdorf & Light the World (lots of pictures) - November 26, 2019

So, today is the last transfer of my mission. I am going to be serving on the Ohio State campus with Elder Lowry (my MTC companion). We both go home in 2 1/2 weeks. It will be a fun adventure to end my mission. This week was one for the books. We went on exchanges to Youngstown State University with Elder Lambert and were able to hear from Elder Uchtdorf. 
Elder Lambert and I set up a Light the World table on campus. We gave out hot chocolate and pass along cards. We also had stickers printed that we made and handed them out. There are pictures of the stickers below. 
The whole mission was allowed to meet together to hear President Uchtdorf. It was an amazing experience. When he first walked in, I was like he is just a normal guy. He was really funny and made a joke about us not being able to have member dinners. He was shocked that that was a rule. (it may change now lol)  He talked about the 12 apostles and them trying to agree on things. He said they are 12 of the most strong headed, educated people and it takes a lot for us to agree. At the very end he gave us all an apostolic blessing. He said "I know Jesus Christ, and He is my friend." He also blessed every missionary to find joy in their mission and blessed all of our families back home." It was a humbling experience, and he is truly an apostle of the Lord. I will never forget meeting him. He also said that you need to be happy for people to listen and believe you. The gospel is happiness. When I got to shake his hand. He double handed and said "Thank you for serving." My stake president took pictures for us. I am grateful for that. 
I found my driving card. So, that I can drive again. It was in an AA pamphlet under the seat in our car. lol
I've been packing and sorting out all of my stuff. I wrote my departing testimony. My time here is winding down. I am grateful for every minute, but I'm glad the two years is almost over. 
Love you all
I'll be home for Christmas,
Elder Davis

YSU Campus



Elder Lambert and I listening to Elder Uchtdorf

Someone put this sign on our apartment door

We painted the campus rock

The Van crew traveling to Columbus
Elder Uchtdorf and his wife
The Whole Mission with Elder Uchtdorf


How did he get up there


sticker

sticker

sticker

packing and talking to mom


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your selfless service. You leave a mark of goodness on those lives you have touched.

    ReplyDelete